Specialization is not unique to construction. Many disciplines have a specialized workforce, from doctors who specialize in different areas of the body and diseases, to lawyers who specialize in various types of legal issues. Why should learning be any different?
It doesn’t have to be!
As instructional designers, we specialize in designing educational experiences that are based on an in-depth understanding of learning theories. Just as you are the expert in your field, we are the experts in how people learn and creating content that is designed for effective learning experiences.
How do we do this?
We work with you, the subject matter expert (SME) to develop an understanding of your specific needs, such as the learning objectives you would like to achieve, who your audience is, and the contextual factors that are driving the need for learning. Based on the information provided, we design and develop customized learning experiences that meet your needs and are more effective in engaging students and helping them to meet learning objectives. This includes:
- Materials, activities, and assessments that are developed around your learning objectives to ensure that students learn what you need them to learn
- Instructional material that meets the needs of diverse learners to keep them more engaged and make it easier to learn
- Instructional materials that follow design principles so they are visually appealing
- Evaluation material that tests understanding rather than regurgitation
Of course, design is only the beginning. We are also experts in the tools of our trade and use the latest technology and design standards to create multimedia-enhanced learning material. This includes:
- Interactive learning videos and simulations
- High quality audio and video productions
- High quality graphics and visual designs
We are here to help you make your educational material awesome. To learn more about how an instructional designer can help you, see our 7 Reasons to Utilize an Instructional Designer article.